Connecticut Speech-Language-Hearing Association



Working in Connecticut – Getting Started

All audiologists and speech language pathologists working in Connecticut must be licensed by the Connecticut State Department of Health. People new to the field of speech-language pathology must work under the supervision of a licensed professional in their field for one year before the license is issued. If the training program you attended meets ASHA requirements your academic background is likely to meet licensing requirements. To reach the Department of Health try:
410 Capitol Avenue MS#12AFF
P.O. Box 340308
Hartford, CT 06134-0308

People who want to work in public schools must also be certified by the State Department of Education. Since all states have slight variations in their requirements for education certification you should contact the department directly to see if your course of study matches Connecticut requirements. To reach the Department of Education try: (Click on Certification)
P.O. Box 150471
Hartford, CT 06115-0471


Connecticut Continuing Education Unit (CEU) Requirements

A new CEU requirement has been added to our licensure law. The law takes effect in July 2011 and is a requirement for all licensed speech-language pathologists and audiologists.

s of that date our Department of Public Health license renewal will require 2 CEUs (20 hours of continuing education) in the previous two years.

You will indicate that you have had the continuing education by checking a box on the renewal form.

You will not have to supply any documentation to the Department of Public Health and would not be asked to supply documentation unless you are investigated because of a reported license violation.

The CEUs must be from within two years of your renewal date which for all of us is our birth month.

For example, if you were born in October your CEUs would have to have been earned between October 2009 and September 2011.

If you have a June birthday it would be between June 2010 and May 2012. The same CEUs that you earn for ASHA or for the State Department of Education (if you maintain Department of Education certification) can be used for the Department of Health license.



Upcoming Events

New England Symposium for Speech-Language Professionals

Worcester, MA

October 19-21, 2017

Click here to learn more

Please join or renew to enjoy the benefits of CSHA membership, including reduced Conference registration Fees. 
If you are a Renewing Member, please click on Log In. If you are looking to Join, please click on Join

Click on our Membership Tutorial if you are having any difficulty.





Legislative Updates

Click HERE for the latest Legislative Update!



The Spring 2016 Newsletter is now available!

You must be a member to access our newsletter.
Once you login with your user name and password, go to the bottom left of the website and click on "Newsletters" under the "Members-Only" section

Site Design and/or Hosting by
Learn about Ashdown Technologies
Copyright Information